Three billion people live on less than $2.50 a day. These individuals are frequently forgotten, sick, low-income, undereducated, minorities, disabled, elderly, refugees, and victims of war and disaster.
Desire to Serve
Healthcare professionals and students are often highly motivated to serve. However, many feel ill prepared in the face of cross-cultural barriers, unfamiliar diseases and limited resources.
INMED, the Institute for International Medicine, is a training center whose mission is to equip healthcare professionals & students to serve the forgotten. Since 2003 INMED is a federally-recognized non-profit education corporation.
INMED emphasizes interactive learning, role modeling, and hands-on experience. INMED’s offerings include:
- Elective Online Courses in core global health subjects
- Formal Professional Certificate Courses, including International Medicine, International Nursing, and International Public Health
- Supervised service-learning healthcare experiences in twenty-five nations
- Professional Diploma in International Medicine (DIMPH), International Nursing (DINPH), and International Public Health (DIPH)
- Professional Master’s Degree in International Health (MIH)
- Annual Humanitarian Health Conferences
- Accreditation of continuing medical education for physicians