Three billion people live on less than $2.50 a day. These individuals are frequently forgotten, poor, undereducated, minorities, disabled, elderly, veterans, refugees, migrants, chronically ill, and victims of war or disaster.
Desire to Serve
Healthcare professionals and students are often highly motivated to serve. However, many feel ill prepared in the face of cross-cultural barriers, unfamiliar diseases and limited resources.
INMED, the Institute for International Medicine, is a training center whose mission is to equip healthcare professionals & students to serve the forgotten. Since 2003 INMED is a federally-recognized, non-profit institution of higher learning.
INMED emphasizes interactive learning, role modeling, and hands-on experience. INMED’s offerings include:
- Elective Online Courses in core global health subjects
- Formal Professional Certificate Courses, including International Medicine, International Nursing, and International Public Health
- Supervised service-learning healthcare experiences in twenty-five nations
- Professional Diploma in International Medicine (DIMPH), International Nursing (DINPH), and International Public Health (DIPH)
- Professional Master’s Degree in International Health (MIH)
- Annual Humanitarian Health Conferences
- Accreditation of continuing medical education for physicians