Three billion people live on less than $2.50 a day. These individuals are frequently forgotten sick, poor, undereducated, minorities, disabled, elderly, refugees, and victims of war and disaster.
Desire to Serve
Healthcare professionals and students are often highly motivated to serve. However, many feel ill prepared in the face of cross-cultural barriers, unfamiliar diseases and limited resources.
INMED, the Institute for International Medicine, is a training center whose mission is to equip healthcare professionals & students to serve the forgotten. Since 2003 INMED is a federally-recognized non-profit education corporation.
INMED emphasizes interactive learning, role modeling, and hands-on experience. INMED’s offerings include:
- Self-Paced Online Courses in core global health subjects
- Formal hybrid courses in International Medicine, International Nursing, and International Public Health
- Supervised service-learning healthcare experiences in numerous nations
- Credentialing in International Medicine, International Nursing, and International Public Health
- Annual INMED Humanitarian Health Conference
- INMED accreditation of global health research, continuing education, and international healthcare academic programs