Professional Certificate Course in Epidemiology
Course Code: PCC – EPI 904
Epidemiology is the most fundamental of the health sciences. This course addresses introduction to epidemiology, measuring health and disease, epidemiology studies, basic biostatistical concepts, causation in epidemiology, epidemiology of non-communicable diseases, epidemiology of communicable diseases, clinical epidemiology, environmental and occupational epidemiology, and health policy and planning.
This is a comprehensive course is built around the provided textbook Basic Epidemiology (2nd ed) by R. Bonita, R. Beaglehole, T. Kjellström, and WHO; 2006. Academic credit earned is 6 credit hours. Sample the INMED learning experience with this 15-minute Free Demo Online Course.
Filipino children gather for vaccination day
At the completion of the INMED Professional Certificate Course in Epidemiology, learners will be able to demonstrate using analysis, case-studies and simulation the:
- Vision and achievements of epidemiology
- Primary measures of health and disease
- Types of epidemiology studies and their application
- Basic concepts of biostatistics and their application to research interpretation
- Establishing the cause of a disease
- Application of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
- Surveillance of and response to infectious diseases
- Analysis of natural history, prognosis, and treatment of disease
- Leading issues in environmental, occupational, and injury epidemiology
- Role of policy, health planning, and the planning cycle
This Professional Certificate Course includes 8 weeks of structured learning, assignments which are due each Sunday night, online meetings with course faculty, and a scheduled virtual-classroom final exam. Please view the Course Syllabus.