Application for the INMED Professional Master’s Degree in International Health (MIH) is open to healthcare professionals and healthcare profession students, including physicians, dentists, physician assistants, pharmacists, resident physicians, nurses, including advanced practice nurses, dietitians, healthcare administrators, midwives, physical & occupational therapists, public health specialists, and enrolled students of all these professions. Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree prior to making application. Applicants in a healthcare field which requires a license to practice must submit an active license at the time of application.
Be prepared at the time of application to supply the following:
- A personal headshot photograph
- Any undergraduate or graduate school diplomas already granted
- Any professional certifications already granted
- Any professional licenses already obtained
- Academic transcripts (for those whose undergraduate or graduate education is still in process)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty or supervisor
- Resumé or curricula vitae
- $100 non-refundable application fee
Note: INMED International Medicine and International Nursing Service-Learning experiences demand that learners already possess well founded clinical skills. For this reason, INMED requires that prior to departure learners have already completed their core clinical training. In the case of International Medicine learners, this includes inpatient and outpatient pediatrics, adult medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and general surgery. If there is any question as to the learner’s clinical capabilities INMED will call for additional documentation.
Letter of Recommendation Details
INMED requires a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague or from a faculty who has experience with the applicant. The letter of recommendation should include:
- Description of relationship with the applicant
- Reasons why the applicant should be considered for an INMED Master’s Degree in International Health
- Estimation the applicant’s ability to take advantage of vigorous academic learning
- Any reservations about the applicant’s ability to adapt and perform well in the context of an international service-learning experience
All prospective learners are advised to read through the Master’s Degree FAQ page in its entirety prior to submitting an application.