Cross-Cultural Skills Online Course, 3rd Edition, Continuing Education Information
This course is broadly designed for physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and students of the health professions.
Time Required to Complete Course
Course participants on average should expect approximately 3 hours are required to complete this course and post-test.
The following are the minimum computing requirements for participating this course. Learners must have ready access to and be functionally proficient with:
- A personal computer with an up-to-date operating system and ample memory for downloads
- A web browser, preferably the most up-to-date version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari
- Applications capable of opening Microsoft Word documents and of viewing PDFs
- An Internet connection, preferably high speed
The following are the minimum requirements for successfully completing the course:
- Complete pretest
- Complete all readings and interactive in course content
- Complete post-test with a minimum score of 80%
- Complete evaluation
- Complete course credit claims form for continuing education
At the completion of this INMED course learners will be able to:
- Describe the nature and influence of cultures
- Review a process of observing, understanding and adjusting to cultural differences
- Explain culturally appropriate healthcare interventions
- Describe principles of managing culture shock, adaptation and reentry
Institute for International Medicine is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for International Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Launch Date: April 1, 2022
Accreditation Termination Date: April 1, 2025
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of completion indicating the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ will be issued for completing this course. Certificates may be submitted to applicable state boards for recognition.
|Nicholas Comninellis MD MPH DIMPH||No relevant financial relationships|
|Fred Loper MD||No relevant financial relationships|
|Leda Rivera||No relevant financial relationships|