Clinical Epidemiology Online Course, 2nd Edition, Continuing Education Information
This course is broadly designed for healthcare professionals, and students of the healthcare professions, who are engaged in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Time Required to Complete Course
Course participants on average should expect approximately 5 hours are required to complete this course and final examination.
The following are the minimum computing requirements for participating this course. Students must have ready access to and be functionally proficient with:
- A personal computer with an up-to-date operating system and ample memory for downloads
- A web browser, preferably the most up-to-date version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari
- Applications capable of opening Microsoft Word documents and of viewing PDFs
- An Internet connection, preferably high speed
The following are the minimum requirements for successfully completing the course:
- Complete pretest
- Complete all readings and interactive in course content
- Complete post-test with a minimum score of 80%
- Complete evaluation
- Complete course credit claims form if registered for continuing education
At the completion of this INMED course learners will be able to:
- Describe commonly used definitions of normality and abnormality.
- Explain the natural history and prognosis of disease.
- Explain how accuracy of diagnostic tests is defined.
- Cite examples of how evidence-based guidelines have improved clinical outcomes
Institute for International Medicine is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for International Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Accreditation Launch Date: April 1, 2022
Accreditation Termination Date: April 1, 2025
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of completion indicating the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ will be issued for completing this course. Certificates may be submitted to applicable state boards for recognition
|Nicholas Comninellis MD MPH DIMPH||No relevant financial relationships|
|Fred Loper MD||No relevant financial relationships|
|Leda Rivera||No relevant financial relationships|