Professional Certificate Course in International Public Health
Course Code: PCC – IPH 901
This Professional Certificate Course is INMED’s core educational opportunity in the pivotal field of international public health. Academic credit earned is 10 credit hours. Sample the INMED learning experience with this 15-minute Free Demo Online Course.
At the completion of the INMED Professional Certificate Course in International Public Health learners will be able to demonstrate using case-studies and simulation:
- Vision and achievements of epidemiology
- Primary measures of health and disease
- Types of epidemiology studies and their application
- Basic concepts of biostatistics and their application to research interpretation
- Establishing the cause of a disease
- Skill in community-wide health promotion and death/disability prevention
- Culturally appropriate healthcare
- Proficiency in disaster mitigation and response
- Design and implementation of team-lead healthcare interventions
- Transfer of healthcare skills to other personnel
This Professional Certificate Course includes 8 weeks of structured learning, assignments due each Sunday night, online meetings with course faculty, and 2 days of scheduled virtual-classroom activities and final exams. Please view the Course Syllabus.
INMED DIPLOMA OPTION
INMED highly recommends that the Professional Certificate Course in International Public Health be complemented with a supervised field experience in international public health. Both can be enrolled for simultaneously via the INMED Professional Diploma in International Public Health.