This course is open to all healthcare professionals and healthcare profession students, as well as non-healthcare professionals. Healthcare for Marginalized Americans is especially appropriate for public health personnel, public leaders and policymakers, social workers, and those providing primary health care.
The following are the minimum computing requirements for participating in this course. Learners must have ready access to and be functionally proficient with:
- A personal computer with an up-to-date operating system and ample memory for downloads
- A web browser, preferably the most up-to-date version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari
- Applications capable of opening and editing Microsoft Word documents and of viewing PDFs
- An Internet connection, preferably high speed
- Capability of viewing YouTube and Vimeo videos
President Lyndon Johnson’s poverty tour in 1964 visited residents of Appalachia.