This one-year training program is created specifically for physicians who have completed the INMED Professional Diploma in International Medicine and Public Health and are intent on full-time service in a cross-cultural and/or low-resource healthcare setting. Equipped with the skills and experience provided through the INMED International Medicine Fellowship, graduates will be prepared to design, initiate, and lead health interventions.
Only a limited number of INMED International Medicine Fellowship positions are available at any given time. Current Fellowship openings include:
- Baptist Medical Center, Ghana. INMED is accepting applications for one position with a flexible start date. Preference will be given to applicants with surgical skills. Financial support is provided, including a basic salary, travel expenses, and insurance.
At the completion of the INMED International Medicine Fellowship graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- Management & prevention of the leading diseases of poverty
- Management & prevention of HIV infection
- Care for the health of pregnant women and newborns
- Proficiency in clinical skills useful in low-resource settings
- Skill in community-wide health promotion and death/disability prevention
- Culturally appropriate healthcare
- Proficiency in disaster mitigation and response
- Design and implementation of team-lead healthcare interventions
- Transfer of healthcare skills to other personnel