INMED Training Sites are all non-profit institutions, and INMED Alumni are responsible for all expenses associated with their volunteer service. Such expenses normally include airfare, passport, visa, vaccinations, and housing and meals at the INMED Training Site. INMED provides essential support via a $400 Alumni Service Fee.
Alumni Service Fee
The Alumni Service Fee covers:
- Scheduling at a well-established INMED Training Site
- Assistance with arranging airline tickets, visa, and accommodations
- International Medical Professional Liability Coverage for up to 30 days
- Traveler’s Emergency Evacuation and Medical Insurance policy
- Registration of traveling American participants with the United States Department of State
- Free admission to the annual INMED Humanitarian Health Conference
The $400 service fee is due within 30 days after the individual’s application is accepted and an INMED Training Site assignment is secured.
Accepted INMED Alumni have the option of utilizing a personalized INMED Social Fundraising Page to share their upcoming volunteer service with colleagues, friends and family, and to provide a platform to collect donations to support this effort. Individuals who donate online will receive a tax-deductible receipt via email. Due to Paypal processing fees, a 3% administrative fee is taken out at the time of fund withdrawal. Participants are under no obligation to raise funds in this way – this is simply a service INMED provides. Contact [email protected] for more details.
Should the individual need to cancel the planned INMED Alumni Service, fifty percent of the service fee is refundable up to 60 days prior to departure. After this date, there is no refund available. Other expenses associated with the INMED Alumni Service Program normally include airfare, passport, visa, vaccinations, and housing and meals at the INMED Training Site.