Diploma In International Nursing & Public Health – DINPH
This program for nurses is designed to complement their education with both academic skills and clinical experience in international nursing. Equipped in this way, recipients of the INMED Diploma in International Nursing & Public Health will be prepared to effectively participate in disease intervention and health promotion efforts in low-resource and cross-cultural communities.
After completing this diploma, nurse learners will be able to provide the most up-to-date, evidence based health care services in a resource limited setting.
- List the leading diseases of poverty
- Summarize HIV infection, diagnostic testing, and medications used for treatment.
- Review health needs of pregnant women and newborns
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills used in low-resource settings
- Analyze community-wide health promotion and death/disability prevention strategies
- Examine healthcare strategies to assure they are culturally appropriate
- Discuss disaster risk reduction and response activities to disaster events
- Summarize steps to transfer and promote health knowledge and skills to members of the healthcare team.