International Nursing & Public Health Hybrid Course
This Course is a hybrid: 10 weeks of structured online learning, plus 2 days of in-classroom skill workshops and final exams.
After completing this course, nurse learners will be able to provide the most up-to-date, evidence based health care services in a resource limited setting.
- List the leading diseases of poverty
- Summarize HIV infection, diagnostic testing, and medications used for treatment.
- Review health needs of pregnant women and newborns
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills used in low-resource settings
- Analyze community-wide health promotion and death/disability prevention strategies
- Examine healthcare strategies to assure they are culturally appropriate
- Discuss disaster risk reduction and response activities to disaster events
- Summarize steps to transfer and promote health knowledge and skills to members of the healthcare team.
INMED DIPLOMA OPTION
INMED highly recommends that the International Nursing & Public Health Hybrid Course be complemented with a supervised clinical experience in international nursing, available throughout the INMED Diploma in International Nursing & Public Health (DINPH).